Monday, July 29, 2013

Reading the posts here from PIM girls warms my heart. Listening to them and learning about them through their words has given new meaning to Power in the Middle. I remember being 13, 14, 15 years old and feeling like I was an outcast. Not pretty enough, not witty enough, too shy and insecure for the popular crowd, I tried everything to fit it. Of course nothing worked because I tried too hard and I wasn't just me. These girls, my age then, are learning to just be themselves. They are loving young ladies who take one day at a time the best they can, no matter what happened yesterday and not knowing what tomorrow will bring. I wish I knew then what I know now - there's no secret - just put one foot in front of the other, every single day.

1 comment:

  1. I think it would have helped if a woman, older and wiser had shared with me that if you want to love yourself, like yourself and be a confident person, you have to do it on purpose. Or that the teenage years are a stage in life and the pains associated with it don't have to last forever...... Yes, we all do have to make mistakes on our own and learn from them but some could be avoided and I'm not just talking advise. Sometime just encouragement is comforting. It's about older women helping younger women down the path of life.. Being able to say "been there, done that, it's gonna be alright". We need more of that in our current society. Maybe turn off the TV, take the earphones off and just chat :)

    ReplyDelete